Thursday, April 10, 2008

Demo and first testing of the latest version 2.0 of the ITBrix CMS

It has been great 10 days although I was traveling the whole week and neglected the blogging and the tweets. David Terrar and I had a demo on the latest version of the ITBrix CMS (Content Management System) this weekend and we were pleasantly surprised. At least I was … The demo was done by the CMS project manager, Mitko Dyulgerski and took about an hour.

I must admit that I was very, very surprised as our own CMS Project has always been in the second priority level for me. That is a product/service we are maintaining since 2001 and we usually build between 20 and 80 sites per year depending on the type of the customers and the industries they are into.

The ITBrix CMS is a very important part of the future of the company as this product will be an important part of the WordFrame Enterprise Platform we are developing at the moment. The CMS part is really what’s missing in the WordFrame Community Platform and this addition will give us a really competitive edge compared to what else is available on the market.

I will include a couple of screenshots here in this post while I am describing the product. I will start with some retrospection and show you what we had and have until now because the ITBrix CMS version 1.0 is still powering well over 300 sites built by us between 2001 and now.

The ITBrix CMS v1.0 is a PHP /MySQL based product and delivers quite some functionality in regards to simple and medium-functionality level websites building.

(I apologize for the poor quality of some of the screenshots but I am trying to show bigger screens taking quite much more real estate on their original locations so the images are a little condensed. I am sorry)




You have general management of the menus, pages, news, image galleries, administrators, roles and a lot more.

No comments: